New Year: Cleaner, Softer Water
6 Signs Your Home Needs a Water Softener
During the holiday season while entertaining family and friends, you may have realized that your water at home may not be up to par. Whether your water supply is from a municipal water system or a private well on your property, chances are you have impurities in your water—like iron, calcium, magnesium—that can cause hard water deposits inside and outside of your home. Here we will go through the key benefits of having a Kinetico water softener in your home.
Six signs your home needs a water softener:
1. Stains and scale deposits. Visible stains may appear on your glassware, plates, cutlery, sinks, shower doors and fixtures, bathtubs, and countertops. Remnants of hard water minerals (calcium and magnesium) are left behind after the water evaporates. Over time, this can build up in your pipes and appliances. You will need corrosive cleaning agents to remove the deposits.
2. Dry hair and skin. If your hair is dry, brittle, breaking, or thinning, the culprit may be hard water. Your skin may be dry and itchy too. Hard water causes a build-up of minerals that can leave a film on your hair after shampooing and skin after showering. That squeaky feeling on your skin is actually soap residue that doesn’t wash off in hard water. This film makes is difficult for moisture to penetrate your hair and skin, leaving it dry.
3. Bad tasting water. Excessive mineral buildup can leave your water tasting metallic or otherwise unpleasant.
4. Your laundry doesn’t seem clean (even after just doing it!). According to the US Geological Survey, hard water is prevalent in approximately 85% of homes in the United States. Concentrations of minerals interfere with laundry detergents as minerals adhere to the detergent and traps dirt and sweat, leaving your clothes looking dingy and feeling stiff.
5. Increased energy bills. On average, home appliances use 29% more energy if your home is a victim of hard water. Life expectancy of appliances decreases by 30% to 50% on hard water. Hard water costs money.
6. High repair/replacement costs. Over time, buildup of hard water minerals in pipes damages your plumbing and water-using appliances, especially hot water heaters, washing machines, and dishwashers. Pipes will eventually clog like fat deposits in your arteries and cause low water pressure. You may need to re-plumb your entire home, and your appliances will have a shortened life span or require premature replacement.
Luckily, you can put all these problems to rest by installing a Kinetico Home Water Softener in your home. Why Kinetico?
Kinetico water softeners are the most energy-efficient softeners available on the market. They use zero power (that is, NON-ELECTRIC) and are powered by the kinetic energy of moving water. In addition, Kinetico’s patented a twin-tank design ensures an uninterrupted supply of soft water on a 24/7 basis. These softeners regenerate based on your usage, saving unnecessary waste and eliminating service. Kinetico also offers the most comprehensive warranty in the industry—10 years on all parts—and are tested and certified by the Water Quality Association in accordance with industry standards.
De Anza Water Conditioning has been in business for over 40 years, serving Santa Clara, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco counties with solutions to your hard water problems. We provide residential and commercial Kinetico water softeners, and reverse osmosis drinking water systems. Call our office at 1-408-371-5521 to speak to one of our water specialists, or click here to submit your information for a home water consultation.